As many of you may know, I am a huge lover of mineral makeup. But, I was not always. I was a creature of habit using only the heavy stuff to cover up my blemishes. With so many options on the market, how is an individual to choose? Over the course of my lifetime I have come across a handful of fabulous brands and one that has really stood out to me is Advanced Mineral Makeup. I've recently been using and getting to know Annie Mayo, film/TV makeup artist and Founder of Advanced Mineral Makeup, who is also a local to Arizona. Here are some fabulous reasons why this brand will benefit you and is definitely worth your time and money!
1. Artist Created for Artists – If you have watched hit shows like Grey’s Anatomy and NCIS (to name a couple), then you have seen Annie’s makeup in action. Indeed, Annie is the creator of the High Definition makeup used by the actors on these shows, and has now made that makeup available for anyone wanting “close up,” camera ready coverage.
2. Minimal to Medium to Max Coverage – Annie’s makeup makes it easy to achieve your desired coverage level, meaning you can go minimalist natural, perfectly professional, or all-out glam.
3. Airbrush Look and Feel – Advanced Mineral Makeup uses a special technology that allows you to glide the makeup over the skin, creating a smooth and even look and feel.
4. Maximum Staying Power – Advance Mineral Makeup was formulated with activity in mind (hello, actors of Grey’s Anatomy who often did some serious maneuvering and were always on-the-go). The makeup products in this line were tested for water-resistance and their transfer-proof ability, meaning it will stay on until you take it off at the end of the day.
5. Anti-Acne – If you like the benefits of a BB Cream (Blemish Balm), but crave the coverage capability of a foundation, this is a fabulous option. Annie’s foundations are oil-free, non-clogging, toxin and pollutant fighting, and do not hold bacteria on the skin. This means you can expect your skin to remain beautiful and not broken out.
6. Most Refined Textures – Advanced Mineral Makeup uses extreme milling processes, so you can enjoy a soft, velvety feel and look.
7. Age Reducing – Annie’s formulas use light reflection, sun protection, and antioxidants for a luminescent, youthful appearance. Another bonus is that her formula encourages collagen production!
8. Minimizes Redness, Dark Spots, and Inflammation – The 100% pigmentation of AMM’s foundations deliver a beautiful, high coverage finish, with a “low visibility” look. Their formulas also help to diminishes puffiness, swelling, and irritation.
9. Alternative to Traditional Makeup – If you are looking for a 100% Vegan formula that does not contain chemicals, preservatives, fragrances, fillers, binders, talc, petroleum, coal tar, parabens, and toxins, Advanced Mineral Makeup may be just the line for you. They use ingredients like Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Antioxidants, Vitamins, Grape Seed Oil, Amino Acids, Hyaluronic Acid and Human Identical Lipids for a bright, glowing complexion.
10. Miracle Color Correcting – This is incredibly important, especially if you are purchasing your makeup online! Annie offers advanced neutral colors for easy color selection. Peep the shade finder below for celeb comparisons!
My Professional / Personal Final Thoughts
I personally love Advanced Mineral Makeup! The products really do deliver a beautiful finish (plus some fabulous skin health benefits). I am especially fond of their Natural SPF; being an outdoorsy person, I like the idea of having slight coverage and protection without clogging up my pores with cream. Also, another reason I love the line is that it's compatible with most sensitive, acne, and rosacea prone skin types. Plus, a huge win for me is that it is Oncology Approved. If you are in the market for a new foundation, concealer, etc., I definitely recommend checking out this all around awesome line. You can find Advanced Mineral Makeup in my shop here.